Wednesday 4 July 2007

The call to the UK then came...

Shortly after finishing my second Line Up, I heard a 'rumour' that Viv Thomas (the guy in London that I was originally supposed to go and work for after leaving OM South Africa), was still looking for a personal assistant! I could not believe it, a year and a half after I said 'no', he have not found anyone yet.

So, in a nutshell, after some e-mails flying backwards and forwards between him, me and others in the Ship's Ministry, I was all set to go to London. I did, however, go home to sunny Zimbabwe for about 4 months to catch up with family, friends, church etc., then off I went to London!

Viv and I worked well together and had lots of fun, but unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, the job description that I had originally gone to do - it was more than just being Viv's PA - did not materialise as expected. This left me unchallenged and unmotivated. It was very sad, but both Viv and I realised that I probably needed to move on to something else, if I was to 'survive'.

No comments: