Friday 27 July 2007

Being in the office....

There is not much else to report from the last few weeks. Each day I make my way to our little office on the bus. It's amazing that the days I manage to get out of bed earlier than usual, are the days I end up nearly missing the bus! How does that work? Oh well, thankfully, I have only missed it once! If I do miss it, there is another route that gets me to the office, but that means I have to change buses half way there!
Once I get to the office, I set up my laptop and check my e-mails... then it is time to do some work. While waiting for the Logos Hope to arrive here in the north of Germany, Miriam, my colleague and I continue to write documents for Partner Ministries, but there is only so much you can write!
Not having a major amount to do, means that my motivation levels are dropping and this is serious. I know from past experience, that when I am bored and unmotivated, my mind starts wandering off onto all sorts of subjects that are not normally an issue to me and don't usually affect my well-being.
Please do pray that I can find things to keep me busy and motivated, so that I don't fall into the trap!
The Logos Hope is still in the shipyard in Croatia and we are not sure when she will set sail.
Thankfully, this weekend, Teen Street (www.teenstreet.om.org) starts here in Germany. It is taking place in Oldenburg which is about a 40 minute train ride from Bremen, so I will be making some regular trips over there. There will be lots of people that I know coming to Teen Street, people that I have worked with over the many years in OM. It's always a great place to catch up with old friends, and also 'catch' the excitement for God and 'mission' of about 4000 teenagers who attend Teen Street each year...
I will keep you updated on what happens at Teen Street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will pray you keep really busy! great blog!!