Sunday 21 October 2007

Quite trip to the UK….

A couple of weeks before moving, my boss (Brian) and his wife (Miriam) were making a trip to Trogir, Croatia to visit the Logos Hope. When they are away from Bremen, there is absolutely nothing for me to do, so Brian asked what I would like to do during their time away.

I had been thinking quite a bit about all my friends in Carlisle, and had also been in touch with a friend, David who works with our sports ministry in OM, SportsLink. David was in need of some help in getting on top of some of the SportsLink admin, so I decided to make a quite trip over to the UK for week. During that week, I managed to visit a few friends in Carlisle. Sorry, I could not see more of you but time was limited. David and I also managed to get some of the SportsLink admin done, although more was achieved in actually putting some of the processes in place to help SportsLink run more smoothly.

Some of the highlights of my little trip were watching the World Cup Rugby on TV. Here in Germany they were not showing it on TV, so it was great to watch a couple of matches. And, of course, I’m writing this after the grand finale where South Africa are once again the World Champions!

Another highlight was a brief walk along the coast at Morecambe Bay in Lancashire watching the sunset (see below)


No comments: