Sunday 21 October 2007

Move to the Logos II….

On Monday 8 October, after packing up again, Brian, Miriam, Louria (another South African awaiting the arrival of the Logos Hope), and myself made our way up to Kiel. Kiel is about two hours drive from Bremen. We arrived at about 4.30pm to a warm welcome from many onboard, and spent the evening settling into our new accommodation. Louria and I are sharing a small cabin on the B-Deck which is still well above sea level!

I had never imagined that I would get the opportunity to be part of the Logos II community, but I can now say that I have lived onboard all 3 of OM’s current ships, Doulos, Logos II and Logos Hope! Not too many of us can have that claim to fame!

I am slowly getting used to ship life again. Of course, it is a BIG adjustment from living on land, and your prayers for this transition will be appreciated. The main things I have to get used to are, meals being served at certain times, and not just eating when I am hungry. Not having much natural light (no porthole in my cabin). Making sure I actually get off the ship each day for some fresh air. Unless you plan to go out, you can go the whole day with not stepping off the ship because everything is provided onboard!

There are also regular meetings that you are expected to attend, such as Devotions in the mornings and our weekly prayer evening. All of these are normally very good, but getting out of bed in the mornings to be at Devotions by 7.45am, and having eaten breakfast, showered etc, beforehand, can be a bit of a challenge!


No comments: